Are you our new Head of Sustainability & Compliance?
Are you driven by helping Contour Design become even more focused on CSR and sustainability across our value chain? We have an ambitious goal to become industry leader within the area and we need you to help us reach it.
Team & responsibilities
CSR, Sustainability and Compliance are all focus areas in Contour Design. As our new Head of Sustainability & Compliance you will be supporting a growing business, ensuring policies, strategies, actions, and reporting are aligned with international standards (UNGP/OECD), and communicated across the organization for maximum impact and transparency. External communication and reporting on progress will also be a priority moving forward, in cooperation with Marketing, Finance and Supply Chain.
During the last 2 years Contour Design has taken a big leap towards a more structured approach to our sustainability work. We have developed and implemented a management system covering all three areas of sustainability: human rights (including labour rights), environment and economy. It will be your responsibility to follow-up on this and be the driving force that creates internal and external understanding and motivates employees across the organization to work towards common goals. You will be reporting directly to the CFO with the opportunity to work closely with the international management team and functional leads, and you will be leading the planning, initiatives, actions, and reporting related to CSR, sustainability, and compliance.
You will be part of an international team with colleagues in Europe, the US and China. We are a business-oriented team striving to ensure that business policies, guidance and compliance are in place, while working closely and seamlessly together with the business ensuring the best possible progress towards a sustainable business. Integrity, transparency, and the ability to challenge the status quo are key to succeed.
We take pride in being proactive to ensure the team and the responsibilities evolve as the business grows. You will be working from the centre of Copenhagen in a great atmosphere characterized by being informal, pragmatic, and fun with focus on teamwork, while leaving room and flexibility for the individual to plan their working hours.
This is a position that allows for both professional and personal development in an international environment.
Your new tasks will among others include
- Take ownership of Contour Design`s overall management system for sustainable development (UNGP/OECD)
- Lead data collection and calculation of sustainability KPIs and trackers, to support decision making and updates in strategy, and enable transparent reporting internally and externally
- Conduct annual impact assessments of Contour´s facilities, as the basis for initiatives and actions
- Coordinate and ensure annual CO2e emissions calculation of Scope 1, 2 and 3
- Update and develop relevant policies and official documentation, to keep alignment with international standards and changing legal regulation or market demand
- Drive sustainability topics in our supply-chain and production, together with our operations and production teams in Denmark, China and the US
- Improve and develop current digital tools for sustainability data collection, and support and drive implementation
- Responsibility for our annual Sustainability Report, investor reporting and other mandatory reports and stakeholder requests
- Main responsible for keeping Contour Design’s management and board of directors updated on progress and trends, and continuous research and networking is essential to keep proactive on the sustainability agenda
- Responsible for product compliance and documentation, like CE, REACH, RoHS, WEEE
- Last but not least, help us walk the talk wherever possible, help and train colleagues and stakeholders. You live and breathe the CSR and Sustainability agenda.
What are we looking for?
You are first and foremost passionate about and interested in ESG, CSR and sustainable development and want to make a difference within a company. The role requires communication across the whole organization, from individual employees to the board of directors and top management. Your ability to identify the different needs of the stakeholders and adapt, will be vital for success. Data collection, calculation, and reporting on a wide range of topics will be your responsibility, so you probably have experience in handling multiple projects or processes simultaneously.
As CSR agenda and requirements are changing fast, you are the one bringing news and updated requirements to the table, to enable changes in priorities or actions, or decisions on strategy. You are comfortable with communicating such changes and providing a clear understanding of the urgency to Contour Design’s management, in order to maintain compliance.
You are also motivated by and to training and informing your colleagues and external stakeholders about CSR, Compliance and the journey in Contour Design.
You are motivated by team efforts, as well as individual success. We only win together. To succeed you need to be curious about the why’s and how’s of Sustainability in general, and in Contour Design specifically. If you have a proactive and team-oriented personality and you like to provide insights related to Sustainability and the status within the company, followed by an active role of driving continuous improvement, you could be a great addition to our team.
Examples of relevant experience
- 2-7 years of experience with ESG, CSR and Sustainability topics within a B2B company
- Knowledge of UN Guiding Principles, OECD, UN Global Compact and other standards
- Excellent English skills, written and verbal
- Preferably other language skills as well, as communication is part of the role
- Your educational background is at university degree level, and you have the ability to analyze, coordinate and communicate the CSR and Compliance agenda of Contour Design
About Contour Design
Contour Design develops and markets ergonomic computer devices and has been positioned as an industry leader since introducing its first ergonomic computer mouse. You might know some of our products like the RollerMouse and UniMouse and now our new SliderMouse, which have won awards for design and functionality over the years. In 2021, Polaris Private Equity acquired a majority stake in Contour Design seeing the high growth potential, which we have now started realizing.
Contour Design combines the best of both worlds operating on a global scale, while remaining a small organization with a flat hierarchy. Today, we are around 120 people, physically present in 10 countries across North America, Europe, and Asia with sales in many more countries. Our Group HQ is located in Copenhagen with strong collaboration with all of our local offices.
Please submit your application and CV through the job advert on LinkedIn.
For more information about the position or Contour Design, please contact Annbritt Tummasdóttir Nielsen, Partner at Momentum Consulting, on mobile +45 2483 1412. We will evaluate the applications as they come and until the right candidate is found, so please send your application and CV as soon as possible. All contact will be treated confidentially.
Contour Design is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. They prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within their organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Contour Design makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.